Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Today's Snack



Well, this isn't exactly what I pictured as my first creation, but it's what came to me, and it's what I had time for.

I love hummus & while it's not that bad for you as far as dipping condiments go, what I like to eat with it usually is, so today I had something different.

I made my own BAKED CHIPS with WHOLE WHEAT, LOW CARB, HIGH FIBER tortillas, and they were perfect. The texture it kinda tough/chewy, but I like that. To avoid that texture use LOW CARB tortillas that are not whole wheat.

Just bake on a cookie sheet (I spray the tortillas with PAM olive oil) at 375 degrees for about 8-10 minutes or until you think they're done, and enjoy.

Fat: 2g
Carb: 3g (net)
Fiber: 7g
Protein: 5g

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love your first recipe idea. Hummus has definitely become one of my favorites.

Batjacboy said...

Very good, Rita!

Question: How much of the fat was saturated?

Molly said...

Batjacboy,

It was 0 saturated fat. But...

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g

Do you have any clue WHAT THAT IS??? 'Cos I sure don't!!!

Aunt Laura said...

What a great reciepe. Tawny and uncle sean love Hummis. I wish i did. But they do so i can make that for them.

Ruthie said...

Hummus is soooooooo yummy. I could eat that stuff for days.