Thursday, April 16, 2009

It's Cookie Time!


The other day my aunt gave a small class on decorating cookies, and I had so much fun that all I've been wanting to do since that is decorate cookies. So today that's what I did.

They're sugar cookies made with Splenda, but the icing is full of sugar (oh well).

The designs were something I thought of after the class and I am very pleased with how they turned out (well most of them).

Please let me know which one is your favorite!! If you click on the picture to enlarge it, you might be able to make a better decision.

Cookie Recipe
1 cup butter (two sticks)
1 cup granulated SPLENDA
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Cream together butter & Splenda until "fluffy". Add egg & vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, then add to butter mixture. Mix well. Roll out dough to 1/4" & cut out cookie shapes. (Best if chilled before baking) Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 F. Yields approximately 4 dozen, 3" cookies.

Now, I will be completely honest, my cookies did not taste so good, but it wasn't because of the Splenda. As I just typed the ingredients, I realized I forgot to add the salt. It's amazing what a difference salt can make.

11 comments:

Aunt Laura said...

Salt makes all the differance in the world. But those are so FANTASTIC. Wow you are a great learner. I have always known you could do anything you set your mind to. I think you should be selling cookies.

Molly said...

OK, as long as someone else bakes them. LOL!!!

Aunt Laura said...

Practice you will be great.

Mama said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Em said...

My Fav is the circle one with the hearts coming out from the center - very clever Rita!

Heidi said...

Those are incredible. They look so pretty I don't know if I could eat them.

Molly said...

I didn't. They looked pretty but didn't taste so good. It was the lack of salt & the meringue powder for the icing (I didn't like it).

Lora @ my blessed life said...

I've enjoyed browsing your site! These cookies are beautiful!

Gina said...

Wow, you are a very talented cook!

I will miss you too, but don't worry, I will keep popping into your blog when I remember and have 'spare time'.
:)

I just didn't want to see all the blogs I follow on my dashboard every day and be tempted to read all the posts rather than getting into some prayer.

I always read them 1st thing in the morning, and I need to change my habit of reading the Bible 1st thing in the morning.
Now that they are not there, it is a strong reminder to me to talk to God and make time for Him instead.

God bless you.
Keep up the good work, your blogs are great! x

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

The are just absolutely beautiful! Great jog! I need to take a decorating class from you :-)

Bimmer said...

Hi Molly,

this is my first visit to your blog. You have a very nice blog!

I saw these cookies and was WOW. I like to decorate cookies and I do sell them as well. But your designs look sooo elegant I really love them, you're so talented! They are all very nice! It's hard to choose any favourites but I'd say I like the one in the middle and the heart at the bottom left. :)