Monday, May 4, 2009

First Low carb Pizza Attempt

Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes

Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 C flax seed meal
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
3 Tablespoons of oil
3 eggs
1/2 C water

Preparation:
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Mix dry ingredients together.
Add wet ingredients, and mix very well.
Let sit for about 5 minutes to thicken.

Spread on pan (I put it on a silicon mat or greased parchment paper).
Bake for 15-18 minutes until cooked through, then add toppings and cook until they are done.

Nutritional Analysis:
Whole crust has 7 grams of effective carbohydrate, plus 52 grams fiber, 47 grams protein, 130 grams healthy fat, and 1525 calories.







6 comments:

Batjacboy said...

Take it from me--it tastes really good!

And it's super healthy too! Low carb, high in good fat and a good amount of protein from the crust alone (the rest you'll get from the cheese).

Good job, Molly!!!

Aunt Laura said...

Hey that looks pretty good. If that crust isn't exactly what you like try some others.

Molly said...

I'm gonna try the other 2 recipes you sent me. But Paul really likes this one so I'll atleast make it until I run out of flax seed meal. It was also really easy which made it nice.

Mama said...

If it tastes as good as it looks,you've got a winner.

Friday Delights said...

I am always trying to make my own pizza crust without using yeast. Looking at this pizza crust looks very healthy and something I would like to try. Thank you for the post...I will try!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Boy oh boy - I am hungry now!